Thursday 24 January 2013

The Captivating Strange World of Roby Dwi Antono


Here I am. Finally able to sit down in front of the computer to write a new post. A very rare thing for me these days, I'm afraid. With all the daily chaos I have to tend to, you have no idea how hard it is to spare an hour or two for myself. Well, since time is on my side now, I'd really like to share with you a very talented and inspiring young artist whose work has stolen my attention from the very first moment I stumbled upon it. His name is Roby Dwi Antono, and I'm proud to say that he's an Indonesian born artist. :)






I think what I love most about his work is the way it makes you stop and think. The fine details carry such  deep, thought provoking stories that I'm sure can be interpreted differently by each individual. There is a touch of childish quality that I adore, but in the same time Roby is able to mesmerize his audience with his great understanding of beautiful surrealism. To me personally, his art embodies a sense of childhood play that dwells in a strange world of imagination. Something not many artists can pull off, but definitely has become one of his distinctive characters and strength.







Here are the links you can visit to see more of his amazing art:
Official website
Blog

I hope you enjoyed peeking into his wonderful, strange world... until next time! :)

Love,



10 comments:

  1. absolutely incredible and very interesting art. thank you for sharing this talented and unique artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am off to explore some more! Just beautiful! Thank you Amalia. Have a wonderful weekend and hope you manage to find some 'you time' amongst the chaos xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Reminds me a little of the work of Marion Peck too. Fan of hers too. You familiar with her work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! I absolutely love Marion Peck's work. And a few other Pop Surrealism artists too. :)

      Delete
  5. Wow! I love all the attention to detail he did and I these would be great cover arts for novels!! I would read them...yes I judge books by their covers! =P

    Ergo - Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whooooaaaaa! Stunning and provocative! It's like a dream on paper. His imagination is mind blowing! Thanks for the introduction, Amalia.

    And OH! OH OH! Lucie has just arrived and she is absolutely perfect in every way! She was very well secured in her first class travel accommodations. And how she makes me beam with pride and happiness!!!!! :DDDDD We absolutely love her! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad Lucie finally arrived at her new home! I know she will be happy with you there with the girls. Thanks, Bella! XOXO

      Delete
  7. strange and wonderful, love it Amalia. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. he got a striking imagination state in his mind!thanks for your sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me your lovely daydreams, they always make me smile! ♥